Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Return of Drunken Murmurs

 To start off with, a passage from Tim O'Brien's The Things They Carried:
"He tried to concentrate on...the war, all the dangers, but his love was too much for him, he felt paralyzed, he wanted to sleep inside her lungs and breathe her blood and be smothered." (11)
 And now, for the murmurs:

I'm not hurting myself, I'm just playing with my skin.

Stop hurting me, myself.

I'm sorry.

I'll keep singing this song into my skull until I'm sick.

I made a mistake. Help me I made a mistake.

Let's forget our cares and throw away our fears.

Running is fun.

Destroy me.

I want to hurt myself, but I don't feel like pain right now.

I'm stupid. this is stupid. I'm stupid.

I'm so, so happy, but I can be so, so sad.

After all my scars, I am anything but beautiful.

Every second I lead you on, I feel like I'm hurting you more.

He's going to break. he's going to break into a thousand million pieces, and it will all be my fault.

I just want you to be happy. And that's why I have to break you.

Grow up.

Just forget about me. Stop loving me.

I'm so, so sorry.

How many hearts do I have to break?

I'm so, so sorry. Forgive me. I'm sorry.


I'm sick of saying sorry.

Just gotta have faith.
Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment