Monday, June 20, 2011

Okay, I Lied

 On my thingymajig, I said I had TWO finger ribbons. This is usually, in fact nearly always true. I have multiple sets (because I'm a dork like that), with one on each pointer finger. I have green ones, and brown ones, and recently I thought it smart to mix and match, so I was wearing brown on my left hand and green on my right....

Now, I only have my green one. The other mysteriously disappeared, and without it I am a terrible wreck. Those things are more than just a constant reminder; they are a coping device. Really, I'm reminded more when they aren't there, because the feel of an uncovered pointer finger makes me go insane. Which I am as we speak (no wonder I gave in and made a Google account).

My thumb keeps on dragging across the base of my finger, as if brushing past the skin will somehow change the texture of what I feel. I can't really describe why it drives me so mad. It just does. I need these ribbons. They are my life blood.

And then, the great dellemia: Now I only have one brown finger ribbon. How will I match them now? That's a rather girly and petty worry, but I just thought of it now. That poor ribbon, all alone, with no match....

At one point when I didn't have one, dad lent me his old wedding ring to wear. It fit just right, and spinning it around made me all better. But I wore it to sleep and when I woke up, it was gone! QAQ I better male sure to keep bettter track of these things, or this blog will never be accurate!

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment