Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Why the Ribbons, Aki?

 That is a question many, many, MANY people ask me each day. At one point, they will see me brushing one with my thumb or absently spinning on for comfort, and wonder, "What does Aki need to remember today?" So of course, they ask me.

I will not tell you what they mean, all I will say is that they are a constant reminder that are rarely if ever taken off. It's gotten to the point where I can't even sleep without them on; 24/7, through school, shower, pools, amusement parks, bed, they are there. So if the same person asks me about them the next day, I have to explain I'm remembering the exactly same thing.

Usually, I answer their question with, 'what I'm supposed to be remembering'. This is true, but sometimes I realized, if I actually wanted a reminder, I would take them off. The lack of ribbons and the resulting crazy would definitely be all the reminder I would need.

As you can possibly tell, these ribbons are very important to me. It may be silly, yes, but they are. They are like my blood (circulation, if you will). When I first started making this blog, I wondered 'what the heck could I possibly write about?' Then I saw the ribbons. They made everything good. I still smile when I see them.

But really, I'm still not sure what the heck I'm gonna do with this thing. Maybe I'll draw pictures, maybe I'll take it seriously, maybe I'll tell old stories..... I'm not quite sure. What do you guys think?

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment